Monday, September 10, 2012

If this is what Obama supporters are for...

News Flash: She can't even vote.

If Obama's supporters or even Obama himself is an advocate for this kind of behavior, I should pack my bags and move to Venezuela. Now.

What you are seeing is a Photoshopped picture of Obama choking/beating/intimidating/doing something-- to rapper Nicki Manaj. Why is he doing this you might ask? Because she "apparently" endorsed Mitt Romney in her latest set of bars on Lil' Wayne's Dedication 4 mix tape track "Mercy". In the track she makes the comment "I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney, you lazy bitches is f*cking up the economy..." Her line in the song sparked outrage in the hip hop community and the black community in general. Some even went so far as to speak of boycotting her music and send death threats via Twitter and Facebook.  (How stupid is that?) Granted, I describe myself as a center right individual when it comes to political standards. I could name some of my favorite music artists who are very Liberal or even self described Communists. Even though I don't agree with their view of the world, I'm not sending them death threats or boycotting their music. Regardless if miss Manaj was serious or not, she took it in stride, appearing at the MTV Video Music Awards unphased that many people supposedly wanted to kill her. Kudos to her. It turns out that Manaj wasn't even endorsing Romney. She finally opened up on Twitter after Obama spoke on the issue to a Florida radio station, thanking Obama for understanding her "creative humor and sarcasm." She also mentioned "the smart ones always do."  I hope all those who sent her death threats really feel stupid after this. Maybe I should start a school for people to better learn sarcasm. I should also start a tolerance school to teach people to respect and tolerate other people's views regardless if they coincide with yours or not.

...and how is this picture relevant to her supposed reason for "voting"?
This issue highlights how black people in America are becoming more and more intolerant of other people and their opinions. The same hate and intolerance that they claim fill those who aren't supporters of Obama are equally instilled in them. Many are just as racist, hateful bigots as their Ku Klux Klan counterparts. (Black Panther Party anyone?) If Nicki Manaj was standing right there when she spit that bar, I'm positive they would have lynched her without even allowing a fair explanation of what she really meant. A true prime example of this would be the incident of the Black Panther Party members standing outside of voting polls in Pennsylvania back in 2008. Why were they standing there? Voter intimidation of course. Promoting hate and intolerance from day one. One was carrying a baton and shouting at white people as they went in to vote "You're about to be ruled by a black man cracker!" Ruled? RULED? This is America not Africa! Are we trying to turn the table on white people for hundreds of years of slavery, discrimination, racism, and oppression? I would see it that way. It seems like this is a revenge crusade, and they see Obama as the ring leader.

Based on what I believe according to political tests, I would be placed here.
An overwhelming majority of black people voted for Obama in the 2008 presidential election. Even though over 90% of African American's voted for Obama, there are still a small margin of black people who don't support Obama and are not even Democrats. How are they treated? Just like white people. There is a term dubbed for black republicans. They are called "Uncle Tom". As a black person, I would be given that title too. Not because I'm republican (because I'm not. I'm a libertarian), but because I find myself trying more and more to get away from all these things others see us as. In truth, I see them just as well as the next person. The Obama presidency has become like a gang war in the black community in my eyes. You are supposed to support him because he is black. No other reason should be involved. Just that reason alone. If you don't, prepare to be treated just as they treated Nicki Manaj. It is this type of mentality among my fellow peers that often keeps me from speaking out and saying why I see things differently. If this is what Obama supporters are for, then I will happily vote Republican. At least I don't hear white people shouting at me at the polls saying "You're about to be ruled by a white man again N***er!!"At least I don't hear them threatening me with my life for supporting Obama.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep comments relevant to the post. Anything else will be deleted. Trolls will be deleted. Occasional clever put downs might be accepted. Read the first rule again.