Saturday, September 8, 2012

So, I guess i'll start off...

So, I guess this is my blog with my random thoughts about whatever. I'm doing it out of boredom, but mostly because I have things to say. Whoever wants to read is more than welcome to read. Whoever wants to listen is welcome to listen. You don't have to agree with me, but don't be disagreeable.

I am just an ordinary American woman. Much like you, I live and breathe. I have a job, a car, a dog, a place to live. However, I find myself more and more not fitting into the world around me. Maybe because of my varying views about things, or even because I choose not to fit. I am overall a black female. My father is black. I am also mixed. My mother is Italian and Native American. Everyone on that side of my family is basically white. In a perfect world, none of this would matter, but of course this is the United States of America. Things are very much still seen from a black and white perspective, despite the fact we have a president who is in fact mixed, just like me.  

So here is to the first opening blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep comments relevant to the post. Anything else will be deleted. Trolls will be deleted. Occasional clever put downs might be accepted. Read the first rule again.